Thursday 3 January 2013

On The Tenth Day of Christmas

Not ten pipers piping but the tens of tens evergreen needles of the Christmas tree and the evergreen bay leaves in my outdoor wreath piping their annual tune of life going on even in the depths of winter.


There are times when it's good to be reminded of the evergreen's tune. Times when, for whatever reason, we feel like giving up on stuff and can't believe we will ever feel positive, sunny and warm again.

May you find comfort in the evergreen's message when the world seems a wintry place and sunshine far away. May it bring you hope and encouragement when the way feels cold and the going hard.



4 comments:

  1. How I need that reminder in the endless grey murk. When New Year's Day dawned with that glorious blue sky respite, I felt my spirits soar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, this one's for my cousin. I've just read her facebook status update and I'm going to hold on to this blessing for her. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blessing Elizabeth, bringing winter greenery into the home always lifts my spirits in the dark days of winter. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me at Mrs TT's and comment. I love to read what you write.